photo home_zps65bbd21b.jpg  photo about_zps96caaf22.jpg  photo of_zps68c9a894.jpg  photo ph_zpsc118a853.jpg  photo con_zpsbd1593b8.jpg

Sunday 21 July 2013

Cool pool party la la la la


One of my favourite people in the World came to visit me this week. This is the beautiful Eleanor Jane. I've been feeling real crappy recently for reasons I'll probably talk about at some point, and she sacrificed her relaxing break from work to travel down from Newcastle to help cheer me up. She picked the best few days to come down as Leeds was one of the hottest places in the country, and we thought we'd make the most of it by hanging out in a paddling pool in my garden. One of our favourite things to do it to dress up and we usually need very little reason to do so, so we took full advantage of our mini pool party and dolled ourselves up for a mini photo session. I've been practicing my victory and barrel rolls quite a bit recently and it was nice to be able to do someone else's hair as well as my own to get a different perspective on it.  

We didn't really think about the fact my garden actually slopes, so we ended up spending about two hours trying to build a platform out of duvets and cushions to even out the surface under the pool, and we  accidentally created a really comfortable pool with a deep end and a shallow end. As the day reached it's peak temperature, it really did feel like we were on holiday somewhere nice instead of just in my back garden in Leeds. 

Here are some of the pictures we took:

Eleanor Jane:
Swimsuit - Primark
Sunglasses - Primark
Lipstick - Mac

Me:
Swimsuit uk20 - Sainsbury's Tu
Sunglasses - Primark
Lipstick - Mua

 


 
 

I must say I've been so inspired by some of my favourite bloggers who have all taken part in the Flash the Flesh swimsuit challenge this month. I hope I don't offend anyone by singling these two out, but seriously Lisa and Rachel are just so amazing and I am quite obsessed with them both. If you don't already follow them go there right now and do that because you will not regret it.

 photo sig_zps7a9143c4.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)